AKESOgen Laboratory Policy on Privacy and Data Protection with Privacy Shield
Privacy Shield Framework
AKESOgen, Inc complies with the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, the European Commission and the Swiss Administration regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
AKESOgen, Inc has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield principles of ‘Notice’, ‘Choice’, ‘Accountability for onward transfer’, ‘Security’, ‘Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation’, ‘Access’, and ‘recourse, Enforcement and Liability’. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view AKESOgen’s certification please visit:
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, AKESOgen, Inc commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy shield policy should first contact (AKESOgen, Inc) at:
VP of Operations
3155 Northwoods Place Peachtree Corners, GA 30071 (770) 741-0663
All information provided to AKESOgen, Inc is de-identified before samples are received. Systems do not contain any data traceable to a patient or subject. For this reason, there are limited conditions in which an individual could invoke a binding arbitration. In the event patient personal data is encountered on the Laboratory Requisition form (i.e. inadvertentlytransferred on paperwork by site) it is redacted and not entered into AKESOgen’s LaboratoryInformation System. In event AKESOgen does receive personal information, individuals may have the right to limit the use and disclosure of their personal information as required by the PrivacyShield’s Principles, such as whether your personal information is disclosed to a third party or used for purposes materially different from the purpose for which the personal information was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. If you wish to limit the use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles, please contact us at the contact above.
- AKESOgen does not receive any personal information from clients or customers. All samples are de-identified when received.
- AKESOgen does not disclose any personal information to third parties.
- Individuals can access their personal data via the client requesting the test. AKESOgen does not retain any personal data.
- AKESOgen does not retain any personal data; therefore, personal data is at no time disclosed to any internal or external party.
- To the extent in which work is performed by AKESOgen, it is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- To the extent in which work is performed by AKESOgen and where AKESOgen is required to disclose personal information (i.e. subject number, age or gender) in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Independent Recourse Mechanism
AKESOgen commits to cooperate with the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and/or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, as applicable and comply with the advice given by the panel and/or Commissioner, as applicable with regard to personal data transferred from the EU and/or Switzerland in the context of the client relationship with AKESOgen. In addition, it is possible under certain conditions, for any individual to invoke binding arbitration as described in the Privacy Shield Framework.